Fri, 24 Feb|
An Introduction to Acceptance and Commitment Therapy - 1 Day Training
Are you interested learning about Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)? In this one day introductory workshop you learn a combination of theory and practical skills to enhance your practice
Time & Location
24 Feb, 09:30 – 16:00 GMT
About the event
ACT is a transdiagnostic psychotherapy, supported by a strong research base, for a range of difficulties, from anxiety and mood disorders to chronic pain. It has at its core the goal of increasing psychological flexibility to help clients reduce suffering and focus on engaging in values based behaviour, to improve their ability to live more meaningful and satisfying lives.
This one day online workshop is for those new to Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and requires no previous knowledge of ACT.
In this workshop, you will gain:
- An understanding of the 6 main transdiagnostic processes that give ACT its flexibility and effectiveness.
- How to help clients loosen their grip on emotional avoidance strategies and increase psychological flexibility.
- How to help clients identify their personal values and use them to motivate meaningful behaviour change.
- How to help clients develop mindfulness skills to support values driven change.
- How to help clients untangle themselves from even the most difficult thoughts.
This workshop is designed for a range of professionals, including psychologists, therapists, counsellors, coaches, social workers and nurses.
Your Trainer: Christian Hughes is a Psychotherapist, ACT Therapist, and Clinical Trainer, working in private practice and in an NHS specialist complex treatment service.
An Introduction to Acceptance and Commitment Therapy - 1 Day Online Workshop 24th February 2023£80.00+£2.00 service feeSale ended